Refunds & Problems
Even so, problems occasionally happen. We understand that. Here's how to sort it out.
Help us help you, by following these six steps
- Please check all product descriptions before you order.
- Check your order as soon as it arrives.
- Contact our customer service direct on (07) 5451 3506 or email us at [email protected], as soon as possible; within 48 hours of receipt where possible. We cannot accept responsibility for issues or delivery problems after that.
- Let us know your full name and email address - the ones you used to place the order - and the order number if you have it, so we can track your order faster.
- Email us photographs of the plants to [email protected] so we can see the problem you have, and take steps to identify and rectify it.
- We do not process order problems via our social media accounts.
We try to give as much information as possible to help you choose, including care notes and sizes, and whether products are seeds or bulbs or tubestock plants or plug plants. Please read carefully. It's up to you to decide if the plant is right for your climate and location.
We do not check those accounts daily, and cannot track your orders through their platforms. Please contact our customer service team direct.
What is the problem?
- Your plants are dead, dying, or poor condition on delivery We will issue a credit for the value of your plants, or mail you replacement plants if we have them available. Follow the steps above.'Poor condition' means unlikely to live and thrive as a result of shipping issues. It does NOT mean one or two yellowing or damaged leaves on an otherwise healthy viable plant. Plants regularly shed lower leaves throughout their life and it does not affect their growing potential.
- The plants delivered are not the variety or product on your order We will issue a credit for the value of your plants, or mail you replacement plants if we have them available. Follow the steps above.
- Your plant has flowered and it is not the variety/colour you ordered We will issue a credit for the value of your plants, or mail you replacement plants if we have them available. Follow the steps above.
- Your plants don't look as expected We grow and sell what are known in the trade as tubestock plants. This technical term means that they are bigger than a plug plant, and much larger and more mature than a seedling. You can see image examples of typical tubestock plants on almost every product page.
- The plant is unsuitable for your climate We aim to give as much care and cultivation notes as possible on the product pages, including what soil a plant needs, how much water, and whether it is frost tolerant when mature. Please read these before buying to make sure you are choosing plants suitable for your personal garden conditions.
- You have mistakenly ordered seeds or bulbs thinking they were plants We aim to give full information on the products on each product page, including whether they are seeds or bulbs.
- You have ordered the wrong plant, or changed your mind since purchase We do not accept returns or issue refunds for plants bought in error, because we cannot resell them.
- You have ordered a gift or garden care item that you now do not want : (not including gift cards.) You can return them to us at your own cost within 48 hours of receipt for a refund of the product cost, if the product arrives in the same condition it was shipped to you. We do not refund shipping costs.
We understand in this case you will not be able to contact us in 48 hours. Please let us know as soon as the plant first flowers.
Read our blog post on How We Produce Our Plants for more info. Please note: plants are living things, variable in nature. We do not produce them in a factory. Sizes and photos are a guide only. We always send out the very best plants we have in stock. We do not refund just because the plants are a different size to the photos online, or tubestock you have ordered previously, or your expectations. Some of our indoor plants are shipped as plug plants - these are large enough to pot on or plant out. If we send plug plants, we say this in the description and post a photo in the image gallery. We ship these for added protection inside empty tubestock pots. These plants have not 'lost their soil'.
You can return them to us at your own cost within 48 hours of receipt for a refund of the product cost. We do not refund shipping costs.
You can see our full Terms & Conditions here.